Thursday 2 April 2009

Halloween Uk

If I was to remake this film in the Uk I would repeat some elements but not all. For example the narrative would pretty much stay the same. I would however change the setting from suburban to the city i.e. London. Also instead of the characters being middle class they would be working class. I feel these changes would make it scarier as it something the audience isn’t familiar with, therefore won’t be able to compare to the slasher movies which are set in rural areas, also the fact the characters have potential help everywhere but don’t get any, could reflect help I hard to get making it more shocking and scary.

I would keep the theme song as it creates the Halloween setting, I would also keep the Mike Myers mask and character, as it’s something the audience is already scared of. Also because the rise of technology I can use a lot more special effects therefore make it more shocking with the killings. Also instead of having a final girl I would have a final boy, as this would surprise audiences who know there’s always a final girl.

No comments: